Where There Are Heroes, There’s Hope
People who work in senior care are the undoubted heroes of the moment — and there simply aren’t enough to go around.
Whether you’re a provider who needs to recruit new heroes for your team or a person thinking about how working in senior care could give purpose to your life — this site is for you.
Make a living while making a difference in senior care!
Become a Hero Today — Start Here! If you've ever thought of working in a job that makes a difference every single day, now is the time to make that happen!
Care Providers of Minnesota. Care Providers of Minnesota is a non-profit membership association with more than 900 members representing non-profit and for-profit organizations that provide services along the full spectrum of post-acute care and long-term services and support. They too may be able to help you identify a facility in your area your class or school could adopt — or seniors who could volunteer at your school.
LeadingAge Minnesota. LeadingAge Minnesota is the largest association of organizations serving Minnesota seniors. They may be able to help you identify a facility or seniors in your area your class or school could “adopt” — or seniors who could volunteer at your school.
- Maximize your workforce with free Basic Care Aide Training
- Train your nurses to be managers with NurseLEAD
- Other Open Hearts Open House resources:
- Intergenerational Programs and Physical Distancing Guide (Covid Guidelines)
- Intergenerational Activity Sourcebook: This downloadable PDF resource details 53 activities that foster intergenerational bonds
- Golden Carers Intergenerational Activities: Inspired by joyous experiences, this site provides a wealth of tried and true ideas for bringing young and old together.