Where There Are Heroes, There’s Hope
People who work in senior care are the undoubted heroes of the moment — and there simply aren’t enough to go around.
Whether you’re a provider who needs to recruit new heroes for your team or a person thinking about how working in senior care could give purpose to your life — this site is for you.
Make a living while making a difference in senior care!
Explore Senior Care Careers. Minnesota's senior care providers are looking for people with that desire and are willing to hire and train you. Consider these occupations:
Become a Hero Today — Start Here! If you've ever thought of working in a job that makes a difference every single day, now is the time to make that happen!
Open Hearts • Open House. "Open Hearts Open Houses" is a great way to promote our industry to your community —and recruit heroes for your team. How to Host an OHOH Event.
Care Providers of Minnesota. Care Providers of Minnesota is a non-profit membership association with more than 900 members representing non-profit and for-profit organizations that provide services along the full spectrum of post-acute care and long-term services and support. They too may be able to help you identify a facility in your area your class or school could adopt — or seniors who could volunteer at your school.
LeadingAge Minnesota. LeadingAge Minnesota is the largest association of organizations serving Minnesota seniors. They may be able to help you identify a facility or seniors in your area your class or school could “adopt” — or seniors who could volunteer at your school.
- Maximize your workforce with free Basic Care Aide Training
- Train your nurses to be managers with NurseLEAD
- Other Open Hearts Open House resources:
- Intergenerational Programs and Physical Distancing Guide (Covid Guidelines)
- Intergenerational Activity Sourcebook: This downloadable PDF resource details 53 activities that foster intergenerational bonds
- Golden Carers Intergenerational Activities: Inspired by joyous experiences, this site provides a wealth of tried and true ideas for bringing young and old together.
Watch and listen to messages of thanks and gratitude to the heroes on the frontline of senior care!
Little Brothers, Friends of the Elderly: Helps connect seniors with volunteer opportunities and volunteers who want to work with seniors.
- McKnight Senior Living
- Workforce News
- Article: “The unexpected rewards of a career in senior care”